If you love a challenge, like dealing with people, thrive in an upbeat, fast-paced environment, and just received your coding certificate you may be the perfect fit for our Medical Biller/Coder position.
Make no mistake, this position does require a coding certification, but it’s more for the person just entering the profession. Extensive experience is not critical. We’ll train the right person.
- Reviews surgery charge tickets, MRI and clinical encounters using Super Coder to
ensure accurate codes have been selected and keyed. This includes, but is not limited
to: reviewing operative reports for accuracy and completeness, ensuring that
appropriate signatures are affixed and reviewing single and multiple procedure cases
for compliance issues.
- Receives and reviews Fellow on-call payment sheets and submits them to Payroll for
payment, including: 1) reviews all charges and documentation for accuracy, 2)
documents Medicare allowable charges for any codes that will be billed, 3) ensures
that appropriate documentation exists to support codes billed, 4) calculates fellow
payments on charges billed, 5) submits to payroll requests for additional payments that
need to be paid.
- Performs monthly chart reviews on physicians, reviewing all doctor charts to ensure
documentation matches E&M codes and noting when they do not match
- Performs month-end missing ticket reports prior to closing for surgeries and clinics to
find and correct errors if they exist.
- Provides guidance and direction by answering questions for other staff members as they
relate to coding, including denials and appeals.
- Communicates problems impeding the accomplishment of department goals to the
manager, recommending solutions to correct problems
- Stays abreast of ICD-10 and CPT changes and communicates the same to physicians
and the Billing Manager
Educational/Certification Requirements: High school diploma required. Current Coder certification required. Some prior formal education in human anatomy and physiology preferred. CPC-A encouraged to apply.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have a thorough understanding of the billing process. Must be able to work independently and on a team. Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Must have a working knowledge of human anatomy and physiology. Six months prior experience as a certified coder preferred. One to three years prior coding experience a plus.
Qualified applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.